50 Years From Now - Composites: Past, Present & Future
JEC Group commissioned Ignaas Verpoest, Emeritus Professor at the Composite Materials Group of the Department of Materials Engineering, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, to document “50 Years of Composites” and its key milestones and achievements. Focus is on the most important breakthroughs (“disruptive” innovations). The hundreds of “incremental innovations” in academia and industry have been important as well but describing them all would lead to a text of a few hundreds of pages.
Ignaas Verpoest was assisted by an international advisory board consisting of:
- Frédéric Reux, Editor in Chief, JEC Composites Magazine
- Franck Glowacz, Innovation Content Leader, JEC Group
- Dale Brosius, Chief Commercialisation Officer, Institute for Advanced Composites Manufacturing Innovation (IACMI)
- Kenichi Yoshioka, General Manager Composite Materials Research Laboratories, Toray Composites
- Christophe Binetruy, Professor, Ecole Centrale de Nantes.
Readers will be able to journey through different eras of the composites industry, gaining a deeper appreciation of the market trends and technological advances which have brought us to this point.
Continual innovation is advancing the performance, efficiency and sustainability of the composites industry in the drive for solutions to the challenges posed by the megatrends transforming our world.
You just used 1 credit. You have left.